Before your next project launches what sort of pre-flight checklist to you review to ensure its success?
It would be a dangerous a thing for an airplane to take off without verifying technical, engineering, personnel, and other elements vital to its successful take-off and safe landing. To ignore the need for a pre-launch checklist is to invite catastrophic disaster.
Your project deserves the same sort of checklist to ensure its success
Do you have a master list of all the things required in order for your project to be considered a big win? If not, how will you determine whether it was successful or not?
The key to beginning a successful project is to know how you want everything to turn out in the end to be considered a success (if you don’t know what you want, how will you know when you get it?).
Create a checklist with all the things you need to bring your project into reality.
Here are some same items that might be on a checklist for a website projects:
- Decide on a name
- Check available dot-com domain names
- Reserve domain name
- Choose a webhosting company
- Find a suitable web designer for your site
- Register with a payment processing company to make sales on your site
- Write promotional copy for the site
- Shoot or license photos for your site/products
- Setup email marketing account to build a list
- Write and schedule email sequences
- Strategize on marketing campaigns to bring traffic to your site
That’s quite a list and I’m just barely getting started.
I’d also argue that most of the items on this checklist could be further broken down into sub-lists of their own.
Start creating your checklist today, but know that you probably won’t be able to finish it in a day. As a matter of fact, the checklist might continue to evolve and grow (just like the project itself) until the project is finally complete and you can draw a line through the very last thing on the very last line of your checklist.