Disclosures and Disclaimers
Disclosures and Relationships
- I provide custom brainstorming and idea-generation services for a nominal fee.
- I get paid to present original seminars and workshops on a variety of topics.
- I am an affiliate of OutStand visit www.TryOutStand.com and use promo code IDEAGUY30 for a free trial. It’s a phenomenal product for sending great looking, trackable, emails to individuals or small groups. If you need something more than Gmail but less than ConstantContact — OutStand is ideal.
- I many friends who are professional speakers, authors, and performers. I am honored by their association and brag on them constantly. I link to their projects and web pages because I’m a fan and hope my readers will become fans, too.
- I am the author of “100-Whats of Creativity.”
- I own BigYellowSticky.com which sells affiliate products and sometimes accepts paid content.
- I co-authored the original version of the book “Boring Meetings Suck” with Jon Petz.
- I frequently use my Amazon affiliate ID when linking to books.
- I am a contributing columnist to RBR.com and other site and publications devoted to media industry insights.
- I sell imprinted promotional products/advertising specialties via SalesToys.com.
- Publishers, PR firms, and individual authors often send me books with requests for a review on my blog, Amazon.com, and social media promotion. I don’t always provide reviews (especially if it would have been negative), but when I do post a review you can count on me providing my true feelings about the book whether I bought it myself or received it for free.
- One of my best friends runs takeandbakemarketing.com, and I am an unofficial consultant to the company; contributing content and ideas for their business, as well as being a client for design, production services, and webhosting.
- I am a member of affiliate programs via LinkShare, VistaPrint, ShareASale, Amazon (along with several others) and sometimes incorporate affiliate links into blog posts. I strive to include a notation if I use an affiliate link, but sometimes fail to do so.
- I respect the vision and wisdom of Chris Brogan, and I purchase and promote his products and services (sometimes by using an affiliate code.)
- The DTIG website is hosted by USA Access. One of the most reliable platforms I’ve ever experienced. I use them for all my important projects and sometimes recommend them using an affiliate code.
- I have switched from MailChimp to MailerLite as my primary email newsletter service provider. I find that MailerLite has become more innovative and responsive, and MailChimp seems to keep copying them (but Volleyy is pretty cool, too!)
- I am a member of BzzAgent.com and sometimes participate in word-of-mouth marketing campaigns. I always disclose when my content is posted in connection with one of their campaigns.
- I am an unabashed fan-boy of Jeffrey Gitomer and sometimes create unofficial sites devoted to promoting the content he creates, as well as recommending his events and services — like the Gitomer Learning Academy. As a Gitomer Certified Advisor I can give you a special to receive a discount on your membership — contact me for details.
- If you suck at what you do and manage to make me unhappy, you may become an object lesson in the power of social media and the reach of the web.
Updated: December 24, 2018