You know those critics?
The ones who nay-say and ridicule and weigh in on the negative side of all the cool things you want to do?
It seems like no matter what dream you share with them, they all want to shake you awake and back into their dismal reality.
- You say you want to change careers and they tell you how tough the job market is.
- You say you want to lose some weight and they tell you that you’ll never be able to stick with it.
- You say you want to travel the world and they tell you how dangerous it is to leave the country.
- You say you want to go back to school and they tell you how you’ll never be able to juggle all your commitments.
- You say you want to start your own business and and they tell you how many start-ups fail in their first few years.
You try and convince them that you’ve taken all the drawbacks into consideration, but they just keep lobbing grim grenades at you in an effort to blow-up any hopes you had of succeeding.
Some people are just parade-rainers.
They subconsciously strive to keep those around them from rising up, because if you improve your own situation in life — if you take responsibility for creating your own happiness — they are going to have to take responsibility for theirs.
The best thing you can do is to simply stop trying to convince them. Take all the energy you were wasting in an effort to win them over to your way of thinking and channel it toward putting your plans into action. All the people who kept telling you that you couldn’t do it will be left speechless in the face of your dreams becoming a reality.
They’ll all shut-up when you DO.